National Total Program of Work
Theme: "Investing in V.A.L.U.E.S. that Support, Enhance, and Sustain"
National Focus: To invest in our communities, as well as ourselves, through: (1) Volunteer service; (2) Advocacy and accountability; (3) Leadership development and succession planning; (4) Unity and collaboration; (5) Engagement and empowerment; and (6) Social responsibility and sisterly concern.
Vision: (1) Implement the "Total" Program Model so that all committees in the chapters are working together for the same common goal; (2) Synchronize processes and procedures in the Areas so that we are "one" TLOD; (3) Seek out, develop, and train leaders so that there is a steady stream of qualified and prepared officers to keep TLOD on task; and (4) Collaborate with other entities to expand our reach and promote our brand.
Programs will be planned and implemented through the following entities:
Top Teens of America
Status of Women
National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)
National Council of Negro Women (NCNW)
United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
Sickle Cell Disease Awareness
Keep America Beautiful
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
March of Dimes
The Balm in Gilead
Sickle Cell Disease Association of America
JSD Foundation/Medgar and Myrlie Evers Foundation
Overview of Program Objectives
Top Teens of America (TTA) – "M.O.M.E.N.T.U.M."
- St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Fundraiser
- March of Dimes Fundraiser
- Dred Scot Project
- Spelling Bee
- NIH Bullying Initiative
- Healthy Choices
- Graffiti Removal, Recycling, Community Gardens
- Blessings in a Backpack
- S.T.E.A.M. – Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math
- Scholarships, TTA Leadership Academy, UNCF
Status of Women (SOW) – "Back to Work"
- Dress for Success
- Job Corps
- Job Fair
Senior Citizens – "We Care"
- Adopt a Senior Facility
- AARP Life Reimagined Initiative
- I Am a Survivor Initiative
- Clinical Trials
- Computer Training
- Advocate and Monitor Equity Legislation
- Health Fairs
Community Beautification – "America the Beautiful"
- Keep America Beautiful
- Great American Cleanup
- Graffiti Removal
- Block Clubs, Neighborhood Watch
- Community Gardens
Community Partnership – "Joining Forces"
- Collaborate with other entities
- Seek corporate sponsors
- Raise funds for Programs
- Solicit Services-in-Kind
- Promote brand/profile
- Expand outreach
Traditional Programs of Service
- Boys and Girls Booked on Barbershops
- Take a Loved One to the Doctor
- Make A Difference Day
- Voters registration Drives
- Membership Drives
- TLOD Membership Initiative
- African American Cemetery Clean-Up